Social Icons

Pages

Romagnoli Happy With Debut Goal

Alessio Romagnoli celebrating goal against Genoa.
Alessio Romagnoli has spoken of his disbelief in netting for the club against Genoa last night.

The youngster, who just turned 18 in January, headed home a Francesco Totti corner in the second half, to put his side ahead.

Romagnoli was not expected to start; however injury to first team regulars, Leandro Castan and Marquinhos, prompted Aurelio Andreazzoli to include the Roman-born defender from
the start of the match.

“I am struggling to believe it happened, to be honest,” said Romagnoli, when interviewed after the match.

“I dedicate the goal to my family. This is our third consecutive victory, achieved thanks to the great work done over the last few weeks.

“Am I destined for greatness? I just hope that I was able to convince the coach to have faith in me. There’s plenty more time for me to prove myself,” Romagnoli continued.

Indeed, judging from his post match comments, it would seem Romagnoli’s coach doesn’t need much convincing.

“He is a good lad and if he didn’t have quality then I wouldn’t have been so calm about picking him for my starting XI.

“I have no doubts about Romagnoli and the fact he scored was just the icing on the cake. We had studied that option from corners. This Roma can still improve.”

The match at the Olimpico ended 3-1 to Roma; with Totti and Perrotta also netting for Roma, while a Borriello penalty proved to be only a consolation for the visitors.

Romagnoli now joins fellow Roma youth product Alessandro Florenzi, as both a debutant and goal scorer for the club this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment